For the first time, the world has 1 million Covid-19 cases in 100 hours. How do we help slow the spread of Covid-19? How do we stay safe and help the others during the pandemic? Wearing protective masks is the most effective and economical for not only the general public but also any government.
Pandemic kills more than 590,000 people in almost seven months
Global infections by the new coronavirus exceed 14 million, according to a count by the Reuters news agency, marking the first time that there has been an increase of 1 million cases in about 100 hours.
The first case was reported in China in early January and took three months to reach 1 million cases. Now, it only took four days to rise from 13 million, on July 13, to 14 million cases on Friday night (17).
The United States, with more than 3.6 million confirmed cases, is still experiencing huge daily jumps in its first wave of covid-19 infections.
The United States recorded a daily global record of more than 77,000 new infections on Thursday (16), while Sweden has had 77,281 cases in total since the pandemic began.
Evidence for Effectiveness of Cloth Face Coverings or Protective masks
Can protective masks help slow the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19? Yes, face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus.
So why weren’t face masks recommended at the start of the pandemic? At that time, experts didn’t know the extent to which people with COVID-19 could spread the virus before symptoms appeared. Nor was it known that some people have COVID-19 but don’t have any symptoms. Both groups can unknowingly spread the virus to others.
Cloth face coverings are recommended as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the cloth face covering coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice. This is called source control. This recommendation is based on what we know about the role respiratory droplets play in the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, paired with emerging evidence from clinical and laboratory studies that shows cloth face coverings reduce the spray of droplets when worn over the nose and mouth. COVID-19 spreads mainly among people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), so the use of cloth face coverings is particularly important in settings where people are close to each other or where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.
Who Should Wear A Cloth Face Covering/ Protective masks?
CDC recommends all people 2 years of age and older wear a protective masks, either a medical mask or a cloth face covering in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
COVID-19 can be spread by people who do not have symptoms and do not know that they are infected. That’s why it’s important for everyone to wear cloth face coverings in public settings and practice social distancing (staying at least 6 feet away from other people).
While cloth face coverings are strongly encouraged to reduce the spread of COVID-19, CDC recognizes there are specific instances when wearing a cloth face covering may not be feasible. In these instances, adaptations and alternatives should be considered whenever possible (see below for examples).
People who know or think they might have COVID-19
If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have COVID-19, do not visit public areas. Stay home except to get medical care. As much as possible stay in a specific room and away from other people and pets in your home. If you need to be around other people or animals, wear a cloth face covering (including in your home).
The cloth face covering helps prevent a person who is sick from spreading the virus to others. It helps keep respiratory droplets contained and from reaching other people.
Caregivers of people with COVID-19
Those caring for someone who is sick with COVID-19 at home or in a non-healthcare setting may also wear a cloth face covering. However, the protective effects—how well the cloth face covering protects healthy people from breathing in the virus—are unknown. To prevent getting sick, caregivers should also continue to practice everyday preventive actions: avoid close contact as much as possible, clean hands often; avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands; and frequently clean and disinfect surfaces.
You Safe Fabric Mask – Reusable 4 –layer Protective Mask
Thygesen offers you an advanced protective mask with multiple fabric layers treated with anti-microbial and virus inactivating agents made using cutting-edge silver ion technology.
With anti -bacterial and virus inactivating technology, YouSafe is able to inactivate some strains of viruses by degrading viral proteins. The active agent made using this technology has been applied in the USA, Canada, EU. Therefore, even if the contaminated organisms leak through the water repellent outer layer, they will be trapped and inactivated at the core layers, thanks to the treatment of the core layers using this active agent.
- Water Repellent Outer Layer – AATCC22 Standards to prevent droplets and airborne particulate matter, liquid sprays that carry bacteria, viruses, harmful substances from passing through.
- Anti-bacterial and Virus inactivating Technology: the Twin Core Layer and the Inner Layer are treated with the scientific proven Anti-Bacterial and Virus Inactivating Agent made using the Silver Ion Technology.
- Twin Core Layers with dust filtration ability.
- Adjustable Nose Clip to seal the nose bridge, preventing harmful airborne particulate matter and aerosols from penetration, and avoiding foggy glasses.
- Full Chin Cover to enhance protection from contaminated airborne particulate matter, aerosols in and out of the mouth.
- Reusable up to 30 washes while remaining anti-bacterial efficacy.
How Thygesen’s Protective Fabric Mask works
- Adjustable nose clip helps seal the nose bridge, preventing harmful airborne particulate matter and aerosols from penetration, and avoiding foggy glasses.
- FuII chin coverage enhances the protection from contaminated airborne particulate matter, aerosol in and out of the mouth.
- Twin core layers help filter dust, particulate matter.
- Water repellent outer layer helps prevent droplets, aerosols, liquid sprays that carry bacteria, viruses, contaminants from passing through.
- Twin core layer and inner layer are treated with the scientific proven anti- bacterial and virus inactivating agent made using the silver ion technology.
Thygesen Textile Vietnam
FM02 – KN -KT03
White/ Dark grey
1 unit per bag
Size M: 20 g/unit
Size L: 22 g/unit